12 May 2007

A few trout

I went out at 7am this morning to Conty to check out what the lake looked like under a windy and overcast sky with a little light rain falling. Rising barometer 1006.1hPa. at about 9am. When I arrived, there was a shoal of about 20 swirling trout - apparently working out their hierarchy. Too late for that, they were all caught in about half an hour as they didn't move. It didn't interest me to dip my hook, line and sinker into the fray. Too easy.
Since this Blog has started, these are the first three fish caught so here are a few photos. This is not catch and release. It is more like put-catch-cook...

 The trout lake at Conty, fishing from the SE side


 This is where I eventually started to catch fish


A fine Rainbow Trout


On the marble of the kitche



Update: 21:00


I have had these cleaned trout in a marinade all day.

Olive oil
Lemon juice
Crushed garlic
Fresh thyme from the garden
Salt & pepper

After 8 hours in the marinade, the meat is tender and easy to work with. I've filleted the meat and removed all bones. Some pieces have the skin off, but some still have skin. Back in the marinade for the night.

We'll lightly sauté the fillets in butter and serve on a bed of salad and toast as an entrée for Sunday lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment