21 June 2007

JJS Walker Bampton & Co 9' 6" trout rod


9' feet 6" inches the rod is in perfect order throughout and weighs just 204 gms. Green silk whipping. Spiral lockfast type Brass ferrules are in perfect condition and pull apart with a good distinct pop.

12" inch Cork handle with alloy reel fittings in perfect condition with screw-fit rubber button. Lower alloy fitting is stamped " J.J.S. WALKER.BAMPTON & Co Makers Alnwick " It also bears impressed serial number '17372'.

A vintage English split-cane fly rod in lovely condition.



 
 

 




 

 I also picked up a few salmon and trout flies, that belonged to the previous owner of the Walker Bampton rod. Some are stunning indeed. Here I've roughly sorted them to size and used an old wooden box to store them.

 

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic I also own a JJS Walker Bampton 9' trout fly rod I was told its rated for a 5/6 line cant see any other name written on it. I'm currently having it refurbished. New seymo traditional lowbell rod rings, ferrules,whippings intermediate whippings. Should look really nice when it's finished. Not forgetting I intend to use it.

    ReplyDelete