21 June 2007

Timed target casting

Field & Stream's FFlogger blog has an article that challenges you to Cast 40 Feet in Four Seconds. Instead of going for distance - as we all tend do, the article encourages you to set up targets at about 40 feet that are called by a gillie and then targeted by the caster. This improves your accuracy over realistic distances and helps you perhaps track a moving fish.

I'm all for it as this is the way that you learn to catch the fish. I'm still casting under my trees out in the back garden during the week when we're not fishing and I find that as the summer progresses, the tree branches are drooping with the weight of the leaves and perhaps moisture. I have to modify my techniques every now and then.

Check out the full article @ Field & Stream

No comments:

Post a Comment